directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building an LDAP server is not an easy task (was: Re: [ApacheDS Webapps] Use Cases)
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 21:39:29 GMT
Jim Yang a écrit :

> It is definitely possible using ApacheDS, but you have implement your
> extension using ApacheDS interceptor. What you mentioned  is a well
> known concept called virtual directory. If you have the resources to
> implement this, I would recommend that you do implement it. That would
> be a great addition to ApacheDS.  If you don't want to write the code
> yourself, you can try to google it to see if there is an open source
> virtual directory  implementation out there.

Jim, I would appreciate a lot, as the Chairman of this project, that you
don't use this mailing list to promote your own product. You can
perfectly reply privatly to Eric and told him about it, but please keep
this ML Apache Directory Server focused. Your last sentence is totally
out of scope.

Apache is *not* a commercial entity.

Thanks.