directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [SASL] SASL branch merge plan
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 20:28:59 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :

> On 5/23/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:

>> I'm currently fixing the server.xml by using port above 1024, because I
>> need to do some ldap tests, but it's just a quick fix.
>>
>> I think all those services (kerberos, NTP, DNS etc) should be commented
>> by default in this file. It will be up to the user to uncomment them
>> dependending on his need.
>>
>> Can you commit a new server.xml so that it can be launched with only
>> LDAP ?
>

> Good point.  I setup the server.xml to demo the new config
> possibilities for reviewers of the branch.  I committed the disabling
> of every protocol but LDAP.  The protocols all have a property called
> "enabled" that can be set to "false."
>
> Enrique

Can you set them to "disabled" by default, and add a page on confluence
explaining how to enable each service ?

At some point, we will just drop the server.xml file to embed all the
conf into ADS itself, so this page will be the seed for the next
configuration Help (we will use LdapStudio for that)

Have you contacted Christine or Stefan Szoerner about documentation ?

Thanks !