directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [SASL] SASL branch merge plan
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 06:29:49 GMT
Hi Enrique,

as I just woke up a few minutes ago, the second I did this morning (I
won't tell you what was the first thing :) was to svn up the trunks and
launch the server. Now, I have a pb : all those declared port in
server.xml forbid me to launch it, because I'm not root on it
(obvisouly, 88, 123, 464, ... are below 1024 ...)

I'm currently fixing the server.xml by using port above 1024, because I
need to do some ldap tests, but it's just a quick fix.

I think all those services (kerberos, NTP, DNS etc) should be commented
by default in this file. It will be up to the user to uncomment them
dependending on his need.

Can you commit a new server.xml so that it can be launched with only LDAP ?

thanks !

btw, congrat for the good work ! SASL was expected since so long ...

Emmanuel