directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Using Apache ds in a web application - user names, passwords
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 09:22:57 GMT
Ceren KOKSAL wrote:

> I tried the example with apacheds-1.0.0 , it has worked:)
> While building, build.xml copies jars from apacheds-1.0.0.

Thanks Ceren, This is great news!

> So when I try to run the example, it connects apacheds-1.0.0. How I will 
> obtain it to connect apacheds-1.5.0?
> I looked at the code but I couldn't see anything about the apacheds 
> path.I think example connects to the apacheds version whom jars are used 
> while building the example.Is it like that?And what must I do:) Can 
> there be any problem with the apacheds-1.5.0 's jars?

The interesting thing is, that the servlet connects to the ApacheDS, 
which is *embedded* in the WebApp. The listener code starts and stops 
it. Therefore the servlet connects to the version which is included in 
the libs, the 1.0.1 in case of

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html

Your problem has something to do with the build.xml, which copies the 
relevant jars to the webapp in target "copyApacheDsLibs". There is a 
difference in between what is needed in 1.0 and 1.5.

For instance, the apacheds-schema-*.jar files are currently not copied 
in the build.xml, which causes the problem.

It is now working in my env with 1.5, but I had to modify the build.xml 
for ApacheDS 1.5. Find the one I used attached. Please let us know, 
whether it works (you have to adjust paths to apacheds and tomcat).

We have to create another version of this page for the 1.5 documentation 
I'll create a JIRA for that.

I hope that helps, Greetings,
     Stefan


Mime
View raw message