directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Using Apache ds in a web application - user names, passwords
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 20:25:06 GMT
Ceren KOKSAL wrote:
> I applied the instructions that you said.Build was succesful, then I
> deployed the war on the Tomcat server.

This is quite good! Thanks for beeing persistent. It is good news, that
the creation of the WAR-File with Ant was successful. I assume, you have
just copied the war into the webapps directory of tomcat?

 > I listed applications on the
 > server and ApacheDS ' s running status is false. There is a message like
 > this:
 >
 > FAIL - Application at context path /ApacheDS could not be started

Do you have a stack trace or any other further information in the Tomcat
logs? This message is definitely the key, why you can't reach the
servlet with your browser. But the message alone is not sufficient to
perform an problem analysis remotely.

Greetings,
     Stefan Z