directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Using Apache ds in a web application - user names, passwords
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 19:23:25 GMT
Ceren KOKSAL wrote:

> Ok, then I'll try to compile by ant, I think I must download something
> to use build.xml. I didn't use ant before:(
> Could you please tell the way of running ant, and where and what to run?
> Thanks a lot..

Download a binary distribution of Ant from http://ant.apache.org/

It contains a bin folder with an executable ant or ant.bat (depends on
your OS what the appropriate one would be).

If you have unzipped the example ApacheDSWebApp.zip, simply enter the
directory from within a shell and run the ant executable. It
automatically selects the build.xml file.

Within the build.xml file, you will probably have to adjust the
following two settings, just as StefanS pointed out,

<property name="apacheds.home" value="C:/java/apacheds-1.0.1/" />
<property name="tomcat.home" value="C:/java/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/" />

Running ant with this build.should create a Working WAR-File.

I hope this helps,
     StefanZ