directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Apache ds in a web application - user names, passwords
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 18:54:43 GMT
I was curious and just tested it:
- I downloaded and unzipped the  ApacheDSWebApp.zip
- I adjusted the path to ApacheDS and Tomcat in the build.xml file
- then I run ant, that generated the AapcheDS.war
- I deployed the war into tomcat

Then I got an error in the catalina.out:
[20:50:28] ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.jndi.ServerContextFactory]
- Failed to bind an LDAP
service (10389) to the service registry.
java.net.BindException: Address already in use

The cause is that another ApacheDS was running on port 10389. After
stopping the other ApacheDS and restarting Tomcat it works fine.

Regards,
Stefan Seelmann