directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: DIRSERVER-936 & 927 Questions
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 11:22:21 GMT
Hi Emmanuel!

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Now, here are the questions :
> 1) If the requested Attribute is described in a disabled schema, what
> should we do ?

During some thinking and testing w.r.t. to your questions, I faced the
following: Is it possible to have an entry, which uses an attribute
types of a disabled schema?

I assume yes. This is what I have tried:

1. Enable schema "mozilla" (which is disabled in ApacheDS 1.5 per default)

dn: cn=mozilla,ou=schema
m-disabled: FALSE

2. Create an entry which uses an attribute type of "mozilla"

dn: cn=Tori Amos,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: mozillaAbPersonObsolete
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: top
cn: Tori Amos
sn: Amos
xmozillanickname: Tori

3. Disable "mozilla" (change attribute value).

dn: cn=mozilla,ou=schema
m-disabled: TRUE

Please note, that this is possible, although the schema is used by an
entry. Q: Is this intended?

4. Entry "cn=Tori Amos,dc=example,dc=com" still exists in the storage,
but it is not possible to fetch it with a search:

$ ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret -b
"dc=example,dc=com" -s one "(objectClass=*)"
ldap_search: Alias problem
ldap_search: additional info: failed on search operation: objectClass w/
OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.13769.2.2.1 not registered!
$

This is obviously related to DIRSERVER-936. My question: How to handle
disabling a schema, if there are still entries which use it? I guess it
is a very expense operation to check this condition ... Or is it still
implemented, but the way I disabled the schema was illegal?

Greetings,
     Stefan