directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Apache DS as Proxy Server
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 01:25:06 GMT
I'm guessing you licensed
Penrose using the GPL because you are
afraid that if you license it with Apache
that your customers will say  "Yeeeehah - and go with
it" - costing you licensing revenues.

On the other hand, if you were to do a Quid pro Quo
with the Apache Directory Project it could mean
that other providers would jump on the virtual directory
bandwagon giving you competition.

This is a good thing because there are a lot more
people interested in creating a market for it.

More market and more awareness
drives up the price of the solution.
This seems to be working very well for IBM.

I'm sure you are aware of Apache Tuscany and eclipse
(IBM driven).

Might work well for you too.

Cheers,
- Ole