directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Apache DS as Proxy Server
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 08:29:11 GMT
Vijay R a écrit :

> Hello,

Hi !

> I am using apache DS 1.0. Is there a way to use it only as a proxy
> server? I
> just want the requests to be forwarded to another backend instead of
> the one
> in apache DS.

It depends on what you mean by 'backend'. If you are talking of another
Ldap server, then trapping requests in protocol-ldap module (each
message has a messageReceived handler) could be a possible way to go.
Simply derive your own ldap-procy-protocol to do it (you will have to
manage communication with the other servers).

If you think about storage, that's a different story. You will have to
plug a different partition after the interceptors chain.

> <snip/>
>
> Also, is there a seperate front end (proxy server) installation of
> Apache DS
> available?

Not that I know.

> Can you please suggest other ways?

Can you tell us a little bit more about your real intentions, so that we
can think about other ways ?

Thanks for your interest,
Emmanuel