directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Possible Bug?
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 16:57:19 GMT
Stefan Zoerner a écrit :

> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> this sounds like a bug if it hangs. Can you create a JIR for it, and
>> attach the test to it? If it's not a bug, we will simply close the
>> JIRA, and if it's a bug, we will fix it.
>

> For the tests attached to JIRA, I would like to recommend to reduce
> the source code to the minimum of instructions, which is necessary to
> display the behavior (program execution hangs, in this case). It makes
> it much easier to reproduce it with technologies other than JNDI, and
> even to include it in the unit tests of the server after fixing it.

Very true. However, I prefer to have a test which can be launched than
no tets at all ;)

Btw, "attached" != text pasted in the body... You can add some files in
JIRA, and this is much better, because if the test is big, we can remove
it from JIRA, and we won't do error while copy/paste it from the body of
the message.

Thanks !