directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Embedded http service
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 21:22:27 GMT
I feel pretty confident that Alex can embed Jetty into ADS in a very
elegant way, ie without having to modify the core server nor requiring a
bunch of XML configuration.

Plus he already has done the very same integration for TripleSec, so I
have only one thing to tell Alex :
you have my +1.

I really think that those 4 points are important, and I would add one
more : as soon as we integrate DSML capacity to the server, we will be
able to go through firewalls which have been parametrized to accept only
HTTP protocol. The next step of course will be to include some WS
endpoints for all the LDAP operations...

Emmanuel