directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Embedded http service
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 19:02:49 GMT
I like the idea of separate services through OSGi.

One way to quickly do it would be to create small
webapps concentrating on each use case ...(1)-(4).

Then make these available the same way that
Tomcat makes available its administration webapps.

This would keep ADS's dependencies as they are now,
yet all the use cases would be supported.

The webapps could use SDO as their "Model" layer, and the
DAS as their integration layer.

A Tomcat/Jetty ADS Package could be developed which
preconfigures the two such that the webapps are supported
right out of the box.

Cheers,
- Ole