directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [Installer] RPM Uninstall Experiment
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 23:15:27 GMT
Well - I still need to do the actual experiment,
but here's how I would set it up, and I suspect
that just looking at this might be enough to figure
out why the current RPM only uninstalls the /etc/init.d/apacheds file,
in case this helps with the release process.

OK - First I would create a bogus spec file...

Then I would put something like this in it:
%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
/usr/local/bin/indent
%doc /usr/local/info/indent.info
%doc %attr(0444,root,root) /usr/local/man/man1/indent.1
%doc COPYING AUTHORS README NEWS

These are the files that I want to RPM to install.

Now RPM officially knows about the files to be installed, since I listed
them in them under the %files macro.

So since it knows about them, I would think it it would
remove them when I do

rpm -e bogus-package

I'm guessing that the ADS rpm
just copies the files to the file