directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Installer] Possible Bug - apacheds start fails because it cannot create the rolling log
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 14:28:10 GMT
Hey Emmanuel,

I think I found the cause.
I'll append this message to the JIRA you sent me.

The startup code (Shell script) for the
start argument to apacheds looks like this:

     $DAEMON_HOME/apacheds \
     -user $APACHEDS_USER \
     -home $JAVA_HOME \
     -Djava.io.tmpdir=$TMP_DIR \
     -Dlog4j.configuration=file://$SERVER_HOME/conf/log4j.properties\
     -Xms384m -Xmx384m \
     -pidfile $PID_FILE \
     -outfile $SERVER_HOME/var/log/apacheds-stdout.log \
     -errfile $SERVER_HOME/var/log/apacheds-stderr.log \
     -cp $CLASSPATH \
     org.apache.directory.daemon.JsvcBootstrapper \
     $APACHEDS_HOME start

And the debug looks like this:

     $JAVA_HOME/bin/java\
     -Dlog4j.configuration=file://$SERVER_HOME/conf/log4j.properties\
     -Xms384m -Xmx384m \
     -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote \
     -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE\
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=$DEBUG_PORT\
     -jar $DAEMON_HOME/bootstrapper.jar \
     $APACHEDS_HOME start
     ;;

   *)
     echo "Usage apacheds [start|stop|debug]"
     exit 1;;

I looked in /etc/passwd and I don't have a user
called "apacheds".  I need to look at the apacheds
script in more detail, but I'm assuming $APACHEDS_USER
refers to such a user.  The RPM spec file should
have created this user when ADS was installed.
Also, all the files are still owned by root post
install, so the rpm spec file needs to change
over the ownership in the install section of the spec.

I'll be double checking all this when I finish up the installer work.

Anyways, I removed the -user option
from the shell script and
now I can start and stop fine.

Cheers,