directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Installer] Possible Bug - apacheds start fails because it cannot create the rolling log
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 06:21:01 GMT
this is pretty simply caused by the RPM command running as root and then
the dir is owned by root...then if you start it as another user, that
user doesn't have permission (and shouldn't) to the dir.

If you install as root (with RPM you have to) you need to run as root or
the RPM needs to change permissions to a user which means it pretty much
has to create the user.

-Andy