directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [Installer] Possible Bug - apacheds start fails because it cannot create the rolling log
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 21:40:02 GMT
This is interesting.

After installing a fresh RPM (And deleting the old files
manually)
if I try to start ADS as root using

/etc/init.d/apacheds start
I get an OK but the server just exits right
away.

I think the reason is this:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: apacheds-rolling.log (Permission denied)
         at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)

So somehow it's not able to create the rolling log.  I verified
this by looking in /usr/local/apacheds-1.5.0/
and there's no apacheds-rolling.log

However if I start the server like this:
/etc/init.d/apacheds debug

it starts fine.

I thought this was because it prints the log
to the screen so that it does not attempt to open it.
However it's also able to create the rolling log now.

I verified this.  /usr/local/apacheds-1.5.0/apacheds-rolling.log
exists.

I'm surprised that only I'm getting this though.  I'm running
Fedora 6 x86_64.

Cheers,
- Ole