directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Is there a tool to convert LDAP data to Java bean based on schema
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 15:06:54 GMT
Weijian Fang wrote:
> Is there a tool to convert LDAP data to Java bean based on LDAP
> schema? What I want is quite like what JAXB does on XML. Given an XML
> schema, JAXB is able to generate Java classes that translate schema
> compliant XML to Java beans and back. Now I have a LDAP schema, and a
> LDAP server where data complies with the scheam. I need to read LDAP
> data and conert to Java beans. I can do this manually. But if there is
> a tool able to automatically generate the code based on the LDAP
> schema, it wiil be great!
>
> Is there such a tool? Any hint? Thanks a lot!

I had a conversation after a talk on the JAX conference last month. A
participant had exactly the same question. We thought about generating
classes which implement the JNDI interfaces StateFactory and
ObjectFactory from schema elements. This would be a nice feature within
Directory LDAP Studio. But no, we have not implemented it yet. Perhaps
we should?

Greetings, Stefan