directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Profiling] What should we test ?
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 18:30:28 GMT
Hi,

I start this thread so that we can discuss how we profile the server,
and what we should profile. The idea is to build a correct base for
profiling sessions, so that we can evaluate many parts of the server.

In my mind, we should try to run those profiling sessions :
- adding N entries in the server, with indexed attributes
- adding N entries in the server, without any indexed attributes
- deleting N entries in the server, with indexed attributes
- deleting N entries in the server, without indexed attributes
- searching N entries in the server, with indexed attributes, and using
those indexed attributes. The entries will be picked randomly. The cache
should be bigger to the number of entry, so that each search never hit
the disk
- searching N tims the same entry, using an indexed attribute
- doing N bind and N unbind requests

- we should also test the server without MINA. To test the server
without MINA, it's enough to test an embedded server.

- to test MINA alone, we should also write a void LdapSearchHandler,
returning the same result, which will be built, so that we don't pass
through all the interceptors chain.

Any more suggestion ?

Emmanuel