directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [OSGi migration] was: Felix is now a TLP
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 06:58:42 GMT
Chris Custine a écrit :

> I think this depends on the roadmap features and whether OSGi will be of
> benefit in implementing them in the short term.  In the long term, I
> think
> modularizing with OSGi will be a great benefit to ApacheDS.  In the short
> term, I think it might be somewhat of a distraction and require too many
> major changes all at one time.  I think it could be done this way, but I
> think my personal opinion of it would be to implement a new round of
> features first and then work on OSGi after the first round...

Hi Chris,

I hope your flight back to USA was just perfect !

Enrique has set an almost perfect page about the OSGi effort, I think we
should dedicate as much possible time on this item if we decide to go
for it. John Colon and Enrique Rodriguez have started working on all
that, and we have slowed down their efforts (sorry about that John)
because of the 1.5.0 release we were planning.

But now, I think as soon as all the issues listed by Enrique
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/OSGi+and+ApacheDS)
are solved, we should be ready to move on.

Enrique, what would be cool would be to add a page where you explain in
detail how to move to OSGi, with a sample based on a simple module (with
code and comments).

Wdyt ?

Emmanuel