directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Encryption types branch stabilized
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 06:42:56 GMT

> Hi, Directory developers,

Hi Enrique !

> Work in the kerberos-encryption-types branch has now stablized.  I'll
> be doing more interop testing over the next week and I can think of
> some minor refactoring and other enhancements but everything is pretty
> much working.  I just checked in a server.xml in server-main in the
> branch that shows how to enable Kerberos and Change Password, how to
> enable the encryption types, and where the KeyDerivationService
> interceptor needs to be inserted.  So ...

hey, thanks for all this code ! We now have to check it before merging
it, and we will do it this week, so that we will be both ready at the
same time to merge the code into the trunk !
<snip/>

> The interceptor works great whether the 'userPassword' is changed over
> the LDAP protocol, by the ChangePassword protocol, or by LDIF load.
> This is a testament to the interceptor service chain in the core.  The
> interceptor will make working with Kerberos principals much easier.

Just great !

I can't wait to see all that alive in trunks ! Ok, svn co
kerberos-branch running :)

> Enrique

Emmanuel