directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug/Feature request: SO_REUSEADDR
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 09:35:17 GMT
Mark Swanson a écrit :

> Hello,

Hi Mark !

> Please use SO_REUSEADDR when binding to TCP ports.
> In production, when an ADS server is restarted it fails to start until
> all of the sockets that used to be connected exceed their FIN_WAIT1
> timeout.

This is already done :

        try
        {
            // Disable the disconnection of the clients on unbind
            SocketAcceptorConfig acceptorCfg = new SocketAcceptorConfig();
            acceptorCfg.setDisconnectOnUnbind( false );
            acceptorCfg.setReuseAddress( true );

either in 1.0 or in 1.5.

There must be something different.

> I actually don't understand the resolution.
> Shall I open a Jira issue for this?

Yes, I think you should. If the setReuseAddress(true) is not enough,
then we need to find something else.

Can you also add some vital information about the version, the JVM and
the system your are using ?

Thanks !
Emmanuel