directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Replication] Terracotta - Maybe We Can Juice It?
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 16:42:07 GMT
I'm no expert on either Terracotta or Multi-master replication, but I think
that one of the problems with these clustering or caching mechanisms is that
ultimately you have don't have enough low level control of the messaging
between nodes which I think is extremely important in developing
multi-master....  Also, I believe that Terracotta requires a central hub for
distributing data so therefore doesn't even support multimaster (this was
the case last year at least, not sure if it has changed).

Chris