directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for Managing TLP POM
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 16:13:20 GMT
I fall into the "dazed and confused" camp at the moment so I need to do some
more reading to fully understand.  One part in particular that I don't
understand is this line:

"This causes it's misuse to facilitate building ApacheDS and all it's
dependencies in one big build. This must stop because this usage makes it
inconvenient to use for building other projects like Triplesec and LDAP
Studio once it moves to Maven."

I actually LIKE it this way  :-)  I don't think this actually causes any
harm anyway, because if you build a project that references this pom as a
parent, the modules section is ignored IIRC.  Are you talking about some
other issue with the parent pom?

These maven setups are definitely a complex issue so I find myself wanting
to take a cautious approach...

Chris