directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][RPM] Layout and uninstall concerns (was: Re: [Installer] rpm -e update)
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 21:41:16 GMT
Just to clarify a couple of things, the correct dir for ApacheDS data on
Linux distros is /var/lib/apacheds.  If you look at any install of MySQL or
Postgres, they use /var/lib for the base.  As far as the instances, this is
to support running multiple instances (not versions) of ApacheDS (like
different ports, different partition configs, etc.) but all using the same
install image in /usr/local.  I am also working on getting it so that you
can run each instance with different JVM parameters or even different JVM's
alltogether.  At this point, I am not addressing multiple versions of
ApacheDS on one machine, but if that becomes something that people want we
can look at it, however I think the partition DB versioning will be a mess
so its probably not worth doing.

View raw message