directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Installer] Reading Over Some Of The Improvement JIRA Notes
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 15:40:43 GMT
If you do su then your $USER will still be "ole", but if you do "su -" to
invoke a login shell, then $USER will be "root".  Either way, you would
still have effective root privileges and you should be able to write to the
dir, but the problem is that the script tells jsvc to use the current $USER
value at the time you run the script.  This is part of a bigger problem with
the daemon startup and installation permissions and I think we are going to
be addressing all of this shortly.

Chris