directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric J. Christeson" <Eric.Christe...@ndsu.edu>
Subject Re: Building an LDAP server is not an easy task (was: Re: [ApacheDS Webapps] Use Cases)
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 18:45:04 GMT
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 04:42:09PM -0400, Mark Swanson wrote:
>  I'd like to chime in and say that the existing architecture enabled me to
>  implement a form of triggers, stored procs, dynamic views, and a new way of
>  handling indexes.  Also, thanks to the flexibility of the design I was able

I'm interested in how easy/difficult this was.  We're looking at a project
which would present an LDAP interface to an SQL database backend.  Without
getting into too much detail, the idea is that we want to present an LDAP
interface to an SQL database backend that contains identity information.  The
LDAP interface will allow authorized admins to update information on
identities they are responsible for with familiar tools, while the SQL
backend is desirable for updating from our authoritative source.
I've been looking at writing a backend for OpenLDAP, but upon seeing
your message, ApacheDS might be a better alternative.

Thanks,
ERic

--
Eric J. Christeson                      <Eric.Christeson@ndsu.edu>
Information Technology Services         (701) 231-8693 (Voice)

PHP is a minor evil perpetrated and created by incompetent amateurs,
whereas Perl is a great and insidious evil, perpetrated by skilled
but perverted professionals. - Jon Ribbens