I think Ole is asking if the schema he just added to ADS should have a m-dependency attribute value of system.

Ole this attribute denotes a dependency between schemas.  If your new schema uses say an attributeType defined in another schema then you must reference that other schema with a m-dependencies value.

The reason for this is due to the way schema data is initialized.  ApacheDS must be able to access the parent attributeType in this example to extract additional information in the attribute hierarchy.  To do this the parent AT must be resolved first.  Which means the schema we depend on must be loaded first.  These dependency values tell the server "hey load these schemas which I depend on before loading me".

Alex

On 4/15/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote
Ole Ersoy a écrit :

> Wooohooo!!
>
> I added a new Schema entry and verified it through
> LS.  ADS and LDAP is such an mesmerizing combination.
>
> I noticed that some of the some (maybe all) of the schema entries
> use m-dependencies attributes with values like "core" and "system".
>
> So I just added [m-dependencies, system] to the "cn=xsd" schema entry,
> just in case.  Should I keep it?

Hmmm. We have used the 'm-' prefix for 'meta' (metaSchema). You should
try to avoid this ugly prefix (it's a little bit like using '$' in your
java names : it's allowed, but used internally by compilers for inner
classes)

Emmanuel