directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Yang" <jimy...@safehaus.org>
Subject Re: [Press] We need a minister of propaganda
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:51:54 GMT
Here is also another idea. Why not get help from Google.. for free!!

http://code.google.com/

--Jim

Google Grants - Free Advertising for Open Source Non-profits
Apr 02, 2007 - Permalink
Posted by Zaheda Bhorat, Open Source Team

Generating awareness and driving new users and developers to your
project's website can be hard for any organization. It can be even
harder for open source projects with limited marketing funds. Programs
like Google Summer of Code can really help raise awareness of your
project, but you may want to learn about another Google program that
may be able to help give your project more visibility.

The Google Grants program, currently in beta release, uses Google
AdWords to help nonprofits spread their messages to a wider audience
by providing them with free advertising on Google.com. This program
supports charitable organizations that have a strong mission to help
the world and share our philosophy of community service. Typically
these are in areas such as science and technology, education, global
public health, the environment, youth advocacy and the arts.

If your organization has nonprofit status, you may qualify for free
AdWords advertising through this program. Learn more and consider
applying today.