directory-dev mailing list archives

From "George Stoianov" <gstoyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loading ldif files into apache ds
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:38:45 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

You will notice that I have from this post switched over to the user's
list... I hope I get the same or better responses there  ;).

Thanks for your instructions they were helpful in getting additional
partitions going I am still having an issue though:
root@localhost bin]# ./apacheds-tools.sh import -f <path-to-file>
       _                     _          ____  ____    _____           _
      / \   _ __   __ _  ___| |__   ___|  _ \/ ___|  |_   _|__   ___ | |___
     / _ \ | '_ \ / _` |/ __| '_ \ / _ \ | | \___ \    | |/ _ \ / _ \| / __|
    / ___ \| |_) | (_| | (__| | | |  __/ |_| |___) |   | | (_) | (_) | \__ \
   /_/   \_\ .__/ \__,_|\___|_| |_|\___|____/|____/    |_|\___/ \___/|_|___/
           |_|

(org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.bind.SimpleAuthentication).
Add of entry o=internet failed for the following reasons provided by the server:
failed to add entry o=internet: 2.5.4.10=internet already exists!
Import failed...

It seems like now it is making an attempt to add the internet entry
and failing, and the first problem was that it was not finding it so
it was not making an attempt to add I am really confused ..... :(

I tried adding an "-e" option to the import command above, I saw it
posted on the lists, and that lead to a:

        at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.add.AddRequest.computeLength(AddRequest.java:281)
        at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessage.computeLength(LdapMessage.java:535)
        at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessage.encode(LdapMessage.java:613)
        at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ImportCommand.addEntry(ImportCommand.java:249)
        at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ImportCommand.execute(ImportCommand.java:666)
        at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ApachedsTools.main(ApachedsTools.java:115)

Is there a way to just load the ldif using the:
<property name="ldifDirectory">

I alsohave some attributes problems (the export is from a Netscape LDAP server).

"... nsuniqueid not found in attribute registry! "
"...  aci not found in attribute registry! "

If I remove these fields from the ldif will the import work?
Thank you.
George