directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LDAP Studio] What do you think about using folder without space?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:49:14 GMT
On 4/20/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:

> <snip/>
>

> So, I am :
> +1 for 'ldapstudio' on Linux packages (i386 & PPC)
> -1 for 'ldapstudio' on other platforms packages (even Windows, because I
> don't think this is a real issue on this OS).

The point is that having two different names on different platforms
(ldapstudio and LdapStudio ) is a burden when you have to write clear
documentation : you will have to give direction for users. I must say that I
*hate* fovo where you have little pictures in the margin warning you about
'this is for linux only' or 'windows only'...

We should think global, IMHO. And the name on W$ or MacOsx should not be a
big deal, as you are using icons anyway.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,