directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CONSTANTS] Changing AT and OC
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:16:29 GMT
David,

> I don't care that much if its
>
> public static final String AT = "AT";
> or
> public static final String ATTRIBUTE_TYPE = "AT";
>
> (I do prefer the longer string, its much clearer for me, a beginner)

Sure. The problem is that we have many of those guys all around the server,
and if you use long name, you will get constants like :
public static final String STRUCTURAL_OBJECT_CLASS_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE_OID  = "
2.5.21.9";
when we already have :
public static final String STRUCTURAL_OBJECT_CLASS_AT_OID  = "2.5.21.9";

AT and OC should be clarified once, then as they are used everywhere, it
should be easy to remember what they mean.

but I think using constants is essential.

Absolutly. And we are slowly migrating all of them in a specific subproject
(shared-ldap-constants)

thanks

--
Regards,