directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Is org.apache.directory.server;core.prefs still usefull?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:03:29 GMT
Hi,

while working on SyntaxCheckers, I get caught in a nasty problem with the
classes of this package. The question is : do we need it?
I see no places in the server where we use or instanciate those classes, so
a blind guess is that those classes are remaining for historical reasons
(may be they were used years ago).

The problem I currently have is that when you store a byteArray into a
Preferences, it is transformed to a base64 String, which is not accepted by
the server.

Right now, I have commented the failing test ( testCreateAndSetByteArray ) -
which was incorrect anyway, because we didn't stored a byteArray but a
String in this test - so that the regression tests can work.

I'm waiting for some heads up before going for more drastic solution s(like
removing the package), because I may have missed something important (I
don't know this part oif the server)

Thanks !

--
Cordialement,