directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Shared] shared-ldap is a mess (was: Re: [JNDI] Utility Library)
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:38:50 GMT
Alex is plain right. Shared-ldap is a mess, and I feel culprit about the
part I have added into it.

At some point, we should realize that fixing such a pile of sh*t is like
trying to cure cancer with aspirin...

However, as we will have to live with it for a little more time (say we can
have a clean shared-ldap for 1.6), we should avoid as much as possible to
add some more code, some more classes and some more aspirin ...

I will suggest that we put a new JIRA (cleaning shared-ldap) and start
working on it just after ApacheCon EU. We can also drop some thoughts and
proposal on a wiki page (Refactoring Shared-ldap) in the meanwhile.

Many people want to use a clean API to interact with the server, and I must
say I feel ashamed when I exhibit shared-ldap... Those guys working on
LdapStudio are suffering every day because of this API.

Let's clean the mess.

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,