directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject ModifyDN and move semantic
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:12:32 GMT
Hi,

as I changed the interceptors operation to use instances of ServiceContext
instead of multiple parameters, I'm facing a difficult semantic problem with
the modifyDN operation. This operation gather three different semantics :
- a rename operation, if the RDN is changed, but not the base DN
- a move operation if the RDN is not changed but the base DN is changed
- and a move+rename operation if both RDN and base DN are changed

As I can't have two move() operations, because the signatureis now the same
(move(ServiceContext)), so I wanted to rename the method, but which name
using ? ... Another option would be to keep the two move() methods, but
instead of using the ServcieContext interface, to use the specific sub-class
: move( MoveContext ) and move( ChangeContext ), where the MoveContext is
used if the RDN does not change, and the other one if it change.

wdyt ?

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny