directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Navigating the DIT
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:54:33 GMT
I think there is some misconception here - if I'm not wrong - : there is no
such operation like 'navigating' a DIT. It's not like a Unix directory, you
don't have such objects like dirs and files. An entry is just an entry : it
has no knowledge about any potential children whatsoever. What you can do is
to search for every elements one level higher, and you will get all the
'children', then you can 'create a subcontext and go for it, or just do a
lookup on it, as suggested by Ersin, with the entries DNs.

Emmanuel.

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny