directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Partition] Using surrogate keys for attributeType aliases and objectClass aliases (was Re: [SCHEMA] Can two different LDAP AttributeType's have the same name?)
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:05:37 GMT

> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> You sited 10-20 time slower write operations over search in ApacheDS.  Is
> this from
> some performance metrics you did?

Yes, done last october. We were able to add up to 200 entries per second,
when we were able to read around 1000/s. But the write operation cost much
more if you add some indices, and also if you have big trees because the
indices are getting bigger (do to the fact that we serialize them before
storing them).

I'd love to see those if you have them.  Perhaps
> we can put all this info onto a performance page.  I think people will be
> curious about
> this.

Very true. This is soimething we have to add somewhere on the site.

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny