directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Access Control] Effective Rights Request and Information
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:09:22 GMT

> Hi,
>
> SunDS and FedoraDS have a nice extended operation called
> getEffectiveRights. This control returns the effective rights of the
> user on an entry. The returned data is a formatted string, which can
> be thought like the Unix file permission specifiers.
>
> Here is a reference for that feature:
> http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6700-10/aci.html#15411
>
> Any ideas on how we can implement this for ApacheDS?

Well this would be pretty easy to do I think.  We can expose a special
operation on the AuthorizationService
query this information by pulling up the entry in question and calculating
the set of ACIItem Tuples on it.

These tuples contain the elements needed.  Then we could write the ASN for
the ext request and have a ext
req handler that queries this info for the target entry.  The handler will
then translate the set of aci tuples
into the format of this string.

Sound viable?

Alex