directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CONSTANTS] Changing AT and OC
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:26:45 GMT
-1

I'm against this guys.  These contstants are getting way too long.  Typing
them out is more of a hassle than just using the darn String for it.  Like
OU_AT will now be OU_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE.   The convention for AT and OC are just
fine.  Extrapolate this to MATCHING_RULE and DIT_STRUCTURE_RULE etc and the
code text gets filled up with long constant names for 2-3 letter strings.
That defeats the purpose of using the constant in the first place.  Just
learn and stick with the convension.

Until we get significant familiarity by those new to the code base they
should stop trying to alter our existing conventions without knowing the
full impact.

Alex