directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: Empty creatorName ?
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:57:10 GMT
Hmmmm the creatorsName should not be empty.  I guess you're talking about
the set in which this data is added to the pre-loaded schema partition then
loaded at startup.  You definately need a creators name and I as default
just use the administrators DN.

If this is not being set I think we have a problem.  It was being done
before but if it is not now we have to fix this bug.

On 4/13/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
> Hi,
> as I'm adding SyntaxCheckers into the server (1.5.1) some tests are
> failing because the principal is empty, and as it's used as the creatorName,
> we get an error .
> DN may be empty (the rootDSE DN is empty), but I'm just wondering why we
> do have empty creatorsName, and if it's simply allowed.
> Any idea ?
> --
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel L├ęcharny