directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is org.apache.directory.server;core.prefs still usefull?
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:54:47 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

This package was created a long time ago at Enrique's request to build a
prefs OSGi service where the preferences are backed by the DIT.

BTW this implements a Preferences object which is the in the
java.util.prefspackage.  I think this stuff might come in handy for
unstructured pref
storage.

However we need to determine exactly what our course will be for the usage
of the DIT for configuration information.  Also we need to figure out how
useful this is for the OSGi effort.

HTH,
Alex