directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SCHEMA] m-dependencies?
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:23:07 GMT
I think Ole is asking if the schema he just added to ADS should have a
m-dependency attribute value of system.

Ole this attribute denotes a dependency between schemas.  If your new schema
uses say an attributeType defined in another schema then you must reference
that other schema with a m-dependencies value.

The reason for this is due to the way schema data is initialized.  ApacheDS
must be able to access the parent attributeType in this example to extract
additional information in the attribute hierarchy.  To do this the parent AT
must be resolved first.  Which means the schema we depend on must be loaded
first.  These dependency values tell the server "hey load these schemas
which I depend on before loading me".

Alex

On 4/15/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote