directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [TERMINOLOGY] Is there a name for ... ?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:27:55 GMT
I did intend what I wrote.  An RDN does not necessarily mean one name
component.  The use of multiple RDN attributes is another dimension all
together.  I'm sure that's going to give Ole a headache :).  A name
component can have multiple attributes used as Emmanuel states but this is
not what I meant.

I've seen RDN referred to as a general term to describe a part of a DN even
if it is composed of more than one name component.  In the server code I
have often named variables rdn and do not consider them to be of length 1.
Sometimes the RDN can be greater than 1 in length.

Alex