directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [TERMINOLOGY] Is there a name for ... ?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:13:12 GMT
Ole,

Also note that an RDN can be more than one name component in the DN.  It can
be multiple name components as long as it is relative to some context. For
example if your context is dc=example,dc=com then you can have an RDN of
cn=oersory,ou=users.  This is two name components but it's still relative
hence it's an RDN.

The terminology is a bit weird this way.

Alex