directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Partition] Using surrogate keys for attributeType aliases and objectClass aliases (was Re: [SCHEMA] Can two different LDAP AttributeType's have the same name?)
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 17:13:59 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

> Ole Ersoy a écrit :
>

> > So when I'm using JNDI to update an attribute, and the
> > key of my Attribute is
> > "com.example.blah.blah.blah.blah.blah.blahblah.blahhhhhhh.something"
> > ApacheDS takes that key and turns it into the shortest possible number
> > it can before storing it?
>
> yes. We have the exact equivalence to "sequecnes" in oracle, and we use
> them to give a Long for each entry, and for each indexed attribute.

Perhaps you're referring to the DN and the entryID sequence.  We use OID's
for attributeTypes
instead of alias names like cn, and commonName which may vary along with
their case.

You sited 10-20 time slower write operations over search in ApacheDS.  Is
this from
some performance metrics you did?  I'd love to see those if you have them.
Perhaps
we can put all this info onto a performance page.  I think people will be
curious about
this.

Alex