directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SCHEMA] Can two different LDAP AttributeType's have the same name?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 01:10:37 GMT
Short answer is no.  Long answer is no as well :).  Basically there is only
one LDAP schema entity namespace shared across all entity names.  What does
this mean? Not only does two attributeTypes have to have different aliases
(names like commonName and cn rather than OIDs), an objectClass cannot have
the same alias name as the attributeType either.

You cannot have a foo attributeType and a foo objectClass (or syntax, or
matchingRule, or attributeType, or dITStructureRule, or dITContentRule etc.)

Kinda sucks don't it?

Alex