directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DAS OID GENERATION] Things that make you go hmmmm
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:22:31 GMT
Good idea Emmanuel.  Permit me to extend on this a bit ...

Perhaps instead of getting really long OIDs you can use instead compute a
hashCode from the suffix and just concat that as the
least significant OID term.  For example:

1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.X.2.org.tuscany.das.ldap.config.DASConfig.baseDN

Can be the following valid OID if the hashCode for
org.tuscany.das.ldap.config.DASConfig.baseDN is 123456:

1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.X.2.123456

WDYT?

Alex