directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: V1.0.1 schema
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 01:14:53 GMT
BTW if you declare your own objectClass 'foo' as Emmanuel recommends there
are some subtle advantages to putting an attribute 'bar' into it.  Usually
when you do searches you can search with a specific (objectClass=foo) filter
as opposed to using filters like (bar=*).  This is nice because usually OC
is always indexed while bar may not be so having a special AUXILIARY OC foo
will have performance advantages in searches.

As you can see you don't want to use this extensibleObject thingy all the
time.

Alex