directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Is there a confusion about "Syntax" in the new schema manager ?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:35:11 GMT
Yeah you're completely right but let me rephrase your point.  The
ou=syntaxes branch under every schema defined under ou=schema is
inconsistently named according to the protocol.  The protocol uses
ldapSyntaxes as the attributeType identifier within the schema subentry to
represent syntaxes.  We in the schema partition used "syntaxes" instead but
do comply with the protocol to use ldapSyntaxes within the schema subentry.

So yes this is a bit inconsistent with the protocol but in my defense I
think everything under ou=schema is inconsistent with the protocol since
LDAP does not support such a structure although it should.  While doing this
I think I forgot that ldapSyntaxes was used in the schema subentry or I
thought it was redundant that ldap was prefixed since it's obvious that this
syntax is for LDAP in the first place.

Alex