directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on schema elements in documentation: OIDs for examples?
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:59:48 GMT
Hi,

When I had tried to add new schema elements on on the fly using the
new mechanism I had faced a situation when I wanted to add some new
entities into a "new schema". I mean I wanted to see a new container
under ou=schema. When I added a new objectClass targetting my new
schema, the system complained about the absense of
ou=objectClasses,cn=<new schema>,ou=schema. So firstly I created a
schema container (right jargon?) under ou=schema and then created my
entries on the fly targetting that new schema. I thought that having a
template schema container for such tasks would be good so taht I could
easily copy/paste it with LDAP Studio and fill my new schema entities
in. I prepared such a template and it's also attached to this mail. It
might be good to have this template out-of-the-box also. WDYT?

Cheer,

--
Ersin